|Test your brainpower with this selection of science, maths, music, television and general knowledge questions from DMTV's highly intellectual quiz show!|
1. Which is the most successful pop band ever, after the Beatles?
2. What is the tallest building in Britain?
3. What is a marionette?
4. What is Fish from Marillion's real name?
5. What was the most watched television programme ever in Britain?
6. Who was Prime Minister before Margaret Thatcher?
7. If you had 24 sweets in one hand, and 31 in the other, how many sweets would have you in your hands altogether?
8. Who was the first man to reach the summit of Everest?
9. What is the other name for the Great Wall of China?
10. Which singer recorded the original version of 'Unchained Melody'?
11. What is the easiest way to calculate the distance between two points?
12. Which television series featured the detective Inspector Morse?
13. When and where was soul music invented?
14. Who won the first London Marathon?
15. What does a millener sell?
16. How long is a piece of string?
17. Who is nineteenth in line to the British throne?
18. What is a house with two chimneys called?
19. In what year was decimal currency introduced into Britain?
20. How many legs does the average centipede actually have?
21. Whose catchphrase was 'Not a lot of people know that'?
22. If a bag of feathers and a bag of peanuts were both dropped from the twelfth floor of a tower block at the same time, which would reach the ground first?
23. When was the first Christmas held?
24. Who invented crackers?
25. How much is that doggy in the window?
26. Which disc jockey is known by his initials DLT?
27. If it takes two builders two days to build a wall, how long would it take four builders to build the same wall?
28. Who recorded the first rap record to reach the Top Ten?
29. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
30. You are the driver of a bus. At the start of your journey there are six people on your bus. If, at the first stop, three of them get off and four get on, then at the next stop eight get off and seven get on, then at the next stop twelve get off and nine get on, then at the next stop five get off and one gets on, when the bus reaches the terminus, what is the capital of Paraguay?
Click here to check your answers
Copyright © Robert Williams 2003