DMTV to merge with The Road Surfacing Channel?

Dooby Duck
Prize Numpty

Anyone read this morning's Tolworth Bugle? They've got an item in it about the future of DMTV, turns out they'e in dire straits, and are pressing for a merger with their long-time rival, the Road Surfacing Channel!!

However the Road Surfacing Channel have made it clear they have no wish to merge with DMTV, and have instead proposed a merger with Channel Cool. But Channel Cool have already made public their desire to merge with Drainpipes 24, but Drainpipes 24 are rumoured already to be in talks to merge with Plank TV!

TV Man
Prize Numpty

Quote:
But Channel Cool have already made public their desire to merge with Drainpipes 24, but Drainpipes 24 are rumoured already to be in talks to merge with Plank TV!

I've heard on the grapevine those talks are now off, and instead Drainpipes 24 have decided they'd prefer a merger with DMTV. But DMTV aren't interested, they'd rather Drainpipes 24 merged with either Blimey or Channel Cool.

electronic turtle
Numpty

In the Hedgehog Times it says that Blimey have proposed a merger with Channel Cool, DMTV and Plank TV! But none of them are interested, instead Plank TV now want to merge with The Road Surfacing Channel and ITV!
worm167
Prize Numpty

Quote:
But none of them are interested, instead Plank TV now want to merge with The Road Surfacing Channel and ITV!

Good grief, that sounds like the ultimate televisual nightmare!!

digidude
Prize Numpty

Quote:
Anyone read this morning's Tolworth Bugle? They've got an item in it about the future of DMTV, turns out they're in dire straits, and are pressing for a merger with their long-time rival, the Road Surfacing Channel!!

However the Road Surfacing Channel have made it clear they have no wish to merge with DMTV, and have instead proposed a merger with Channel Cool. But Channel Cool have already made public their desire to merge with Drainpipes 24, but Drainpipes 24 are rumoured already to be in talks to merge with Plank TV!

All these mergers are getting too confusing!!

forumking
Prize Numpty

I used to like the Road Surfacing Channel, but I feel it's gone downhill in the last couple of years. The last thing they need is DMTV getting their hot sticky hands on it!
Timmy Talent
Prize Numpty

Does this mean some Road Surfacing Channel programmes would appear on DMTV, and vice versa?
Funky Dave
Prize Numpty

Why all these mergers all of a sudden?
Dooby Duck
Prize Numpty

Quote:
Why all these mergers all of a sudden?

It's because there are too many channels around now, and the advertising cake is being cut into too many small pieces. These channels believe that merging with each other is the only way they can stay afloat!

Mrs Greasy
Numpty

Website

And if anyone fancies some advertising cake, pop down to my cafe right now, I've just got some fresh out the oven!
Des Wednesday
Administrator

Website

Mrs Greasy, I've warned you about this!!
Dooby Duck
Prize Numpty

They just said on Sky News the Culture Secretary is apparently backing the DMTV-Drainpipes 24 merger plan.
worm167
Prize Numpty

That would be disastrous!! What does the Culture Secretary know about culture anyway? I don't believe any of these mergers will ever take place anyway.
Crazyman
Numpty

Quote:
They've got an item in it about the future of DMTV, turns out they're in dire straits

Dire Straits? I didn't know they were still going!

abolishdmtv
Prize Numpty

Abolish the lot of them!!!